Monday, June 20, 2011

Dating help for you...In any case

Question: I've been involved with a guy, my roommate was dating. She never officially canceled it; She just went home for the summer.

I really like it and don't know how you to say, or if I should. I don't know how things will be when we in the school back.

I feel like I'm a bitch forever with him and in violation of our friendship. It is one of my best friends. Dating please help!

I'm not sure what you mean by "from." I assume since you feel so bad and that you mean more than just going to the movies to this article write. I also assume that your roommate more than just a casual dating relationship with this guy was involved in.

Romances can come and go while friendships can last for a lifetime. I want to questions, what is more important, you, a short-term relationship or a long-term friendship?

Only a matter of convenience should be romance? Just because someone is handy, and expressed an interest, does this mean that we should follow through? If we move instant gratification for long term goals and values?

What are your personal values and show your integrity your current behavior? The fact that you feel like a "bitch" suggests that you have fallen are not.

Is this relationship in the value of your integrity and self-esteem? How would you feel are the shoe on the other foot? How should you handle your roommate, the situation, if you are on the receiving end?

And what does that say about your choice in men? Here is a man, is still in a relationship with one of your best friends and decides for taking with you. Are you next? What about his character?

I know that my dating help raises more questions than answers. But I think that if you answer the questions, you will be able to come up with your own conclusions and a how to.

Dr. Edward A. Dreyfus is a clinical psychologist, child marriage, family therapist and sex therapist. Dr. Dreyfus, provides psychological services in the area of Los Angeles-Santa Monica for over 30 years. It offers individual psychotherapy, young people and adults, divorce mediation, couples counselling, group therapy, and career and career guidance and evaluation. Dr. Dreyfus can be reached at: (310) 208-5700.

Originally published 3/5/98
Revised 1/16/09 by Marlene M. Maheu, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment